…so back in January of last year I got one of those lists AND it actually caught my eye. I printed it out and then highlighted what I thought might be true then. Today I pulled it out again.
These still ring true..
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant. [I agree and I did today. It was more like an hour and a half with 5 lb weights on my ankles at a 15% incline – all part of my preperation for being on Mt. Kiliminjaro in 2 weeks. I don’t recommend being this extreme right off the bat.]
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to. [Every night before I go to sleep this is my practice. I also use it as a time to find what I am most grateful for about my day. This ties to #38 on the initial list Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished______.”]
3. Record late night shows and get more sleep. [Considering I work most nights if there one of the two shows I do watch is on I DVR it for later – The Biggest Loser (interesting research for my line of work) and The Amazing Race (the ultimate in adventure travel).
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement “My purpose is to _____ tody.” (I really like this one, sets the tone for the day.)
wasn’t fond of 5. – 7.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake. (NOT A PROBLEM!! I do it all the time.)
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day. [I tried this the last time I was on Capitol Hill lobbying for the day. It was a tough crowd I admit and I had fun. In the 7 hours I was there I got one person to
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.[ I hear you now…”that’s pretty ‘woo-woo’ LauraLynn.” Well, it may be, however I suggest you try it and tell me it DOESN’T feel good.]
big jump to…
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. [feels like a golden rule, huh?]
22. Make peace with the past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. [I’ve learned this one over and over, sometimes the hard way.]
one more leap…
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In 5 years, will this matter?”
and the final words of wisdom I’ve pulled from this VERY long list…
36.Do the Right Thing!
[you know what it is, just have the guts to do it.]