For over twenty years LauraLynn Jansen has spoken nationally addressing personal sustainability and leadership as well as organizational development and diversity. She has consulted for the US Air Force, Texas Dept. of Health and Human Services, numerous non-profit agencies and health care facilities across the US.
She received the LiveStrong Challenge award, from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, for her dedication to cancer awareness, advocacy and foresight in broadening how health care is addressed and defined over the past two decades
Her exuberance and advocating for healthy lives today is magnified by the extraordinary means by which she found her calling. In the mid-1980s, she was living it up on the beach, working at a record store, and searching for that big break as a model in Los Angeles. Her one-track pursuit of rock shows, parties, and glamour was irrevocably changed when one day she collapsed suddenly. On Halloween 1986, she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and given a 50/50 chance of survival. It was a sobering prognosis at the age of 20. After eight months of chemotherapy, radiation, and a crash course in cutting edge alternative healing methods Jansen the survivor never looked back. This life experience comes out in her storytelling as an inspirational and motivational keynote speaker. She engages with her storytelling style while offering real–time practices for developing each individual’s leadership in work settings, at home and/or as a personal reflection.
Through her visionary determination LauraLynn has developed work-life balance programs for senior executives, members of the armed forces, highly injured nurses, and others struggling with stress and a de-motivated lifestyles in a wide range of settings. Her capacity encompasses everything from group to individual interactions and intriguing monologues to interactive – get out of your seat and experience something – delivery systems. All her speaking aims to allow individuals the chance to discover something new about him or her and entice them to dig deeper.
She is a co-founder and leader of Be A Catalyst, a youth leadership project that works with the HerShe Group. The program’s mission is to create a powerful and affirming experience in personal leadership with the aim of positively affecting the course of the lives of the youth.
Jansen maintains a blog (located here). Additionally she self published her memoir, Inspired to Live: The Story of an Unlikely Rebel.
LauraLynn is an ambassador for Jade Yoga Mats.
- Integrative Health Coach and Consultant
- Published author
- Recipient, Inspiring Athlete, Athleta (Gap, Inc.)
- Recipient, LiveStrong challenge award, Lance Armstrong Foundation
- Honorable Mention, Art of Living Foundation – Human Values Award
- Co-founder and leader of Be A Catalyst, a youth leadership program
- Bachelor’s in Women’s Studies at San Francisco State University
- Master’s in Integrative Education at the California Institute of Integrative Studies
- Article published in Survivor’s Journal (online)
Speaking & Facilitation
– Catalyst Youth Leadership Project – July 2007 – present
National Youth Leadership & Empowerment Leadership Series, Executive Director and Lead Trainer/Leader www.BeACatalyst.org
– Developing Executive Presence: Somatic Coaching – September 2006
National Internet radio show
– Mary Elisabeth Inn – 2005-2008 – San Francisco, CA
Designing Your Life series: healthy living series for residents – http://www.meinn.org/
– What is Yoga? – August 2007 – Del Rio, TX
KTJK, radio show
Yoga & Speaking
– Yoga Month Ambassador – 2012
National – http://yogahealthfoundation.org/
– Gluten Intolerance Group – June 2012 – Seattle, WA
– Resolve to Evolve – January 2012 – Panama City, FL
Live TV morning broadcast on WJHG, highlighting Integrative Health Coach approach (especially yoga & coaching) & sharing memoir, Inspired to Live
– Creating a Sustainable Self – December 2012 – Falls Church, VA
Interactive presentation for George Mason High School AP psychology students. – http://www.fccps.org/sendstudio/display.php?M=54620&C=58ffe819dbc3bc3fdcfb2b35c9350290&S=406&L=49&N=326
– Charlotte Wood Middle School – May 2005 – Danville, CA
Trainer/ Facilitator – Healthy Living and Stress Management for Youth
– Outer Strength, Inner Peace- February, 2003 – Philadelphia, PA
CD recording of yoga session at Living Beyond Breast Cancer conference – www.lbbc.org
– Livestrong Summit National Steering Committee – 2008
– Val Verde-Kinney County Cancer Task Force – chair 2007-2008
– Women’s National Health Projects Coalition – chair 2001-2003
– American Cancer Society
– Y-ME National Beast Cancer Organization
– National Foundation of Alternative Medicine
– Wisdom Television
Publications & Recordings
– Learning to Love the Watery World – personal story for Women’s Adventure Mag. – May 2012
– Survivor to Thriver [www.survivorsreview.org/features.php?vol=4&art=56] – July 2007
– Healthy choices key to a happy tour – Border Eagle – November, 2006
– Sexual Assault: Everybody plays vital role – Border Eagle – April, 2006
Her Master’s Degree is Integrative Health Education. Her line of study addressed the issues of public health through the lens of Eastern and Western health practices. She has studied health practices in China, India, Nepal and a small village in mainland Mexico.
Her history of certifications in individual and group fitness, yoga, nutrition and Co-Active life coaching provide her with a unique range of perceptions and knowledge.
Additionally, she has participated in numerous professional development programs such as The Coaches Training Institute’s core and supplemental leadership programs.
– Inspiring Athlete – Athleta (Gap, Inc.) – September 2011 (click here for story) (see picture below)
– Human Values Award (honorable mention) Art of Living Foundation – June 2011
– Inspiring Woman (nominee) Athleta & Las Olas Surf, Inc. – July 2010
– LIVESTRONG Challenge Award (for promotion of cancer survivorship), Lance Armstrong Foundation – October 2006 (see picture below)